Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Poor Played Palin

Get Sarah Palin a sixth grade History teacher. When recently interviewed by Katie Couric, Palin was asked two questions that are no-brainers. First, she was asked to name a Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade. She was prodded and still couldn't give an answer: Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Gore v. Bush, Loving v. Virginia, Sullivan v. New York Times...

Couric's second question pertained to how Palin stays abreast on current events. Palin was asked what she reads. Her pat answer was anything that's thrown in front of her. Yes, I'm also a journalism grad and realize I'm not the brightest bulb, but she was asked three separate times specifically what publications she reads. No answer.

Let's be honest with ourselves, Palin is a prop for John McCain and nothing more. He wanted someone who obviously was younger than him and could attract women voters. In tomorrow's debate, I'm going to closely look to see if there is a bulge anywhere in Palin's dress attire or a wire near her head. I'm sure she might craft a few witty one-liners with that spunky spirit of hers, but there's little doubt at this point it will be anything substantive. Here's one of my favorite tunes from 1998 and off one damn good album. It's about a guy who literally or figuratively is a player. For Sarah Palin, it's one devoted to her that says anyone paying attention to her nonsense hasn't been played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcfEB5PKKUU&feature=related

3 comments:

Thomas said...

My least favorite court case is Gore v. Bush, for obvious reasons.

I also saw the interview with Palin about the publications she reads. God, get a clue. She probably has a lifetime subscription to Armageddon Monthly.

My outlook on tomorrow's debate is a weird mixture of excitement and sorrow. Excitement that I'll finally get the chance to study her in-depth, sorrow that after the debate, she'll go back into hiding.

Unknown said...

Armageddon Monthly. Ha, ha! That's actually a good title for a possible publication if McCain/Palin get elected. Yeah, after tomorrow's debate, I expect the same thing. The McCain camp will steer her away from the media again. We'll see her at town hall events, but that's about it.

Thomas said...

I can't explain it, PJ, but I'm giddier than a school girl today. I'm looking forward to tonight's debate much more than last week's. What is the matter with me?

Can you imagine the fuss tonight at Republican get-togethers? They'll be hanging on Palin's every word.