Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I hate to admit this: I was wrong. I'm a flip-flopper. Good thing I'm not a politician

There were seven different versions of this economic bailout House Bill. It sounded attractive at first. The more I'm learning about it, the more I understand why it was defeated. One of Georgia's Democrat Reps. in an interview said, "The Bush administration would veto this bill if 'golden parachutes' weren't included in it." Obviously, he's referring to compensating those executives who got us in this mess. I think we all can agree when this is all said and done, this bill should be devised to bail out those who suffered from unscrupulous or incompetent actions by these big whigs.

Let me be as forthcoming as I can. I panicked after yesterday's market crash. I went against everything that I believed about Naomi Klein and her idealogies about what happens during a crisis. I supported something that went completely against my own interests. Here's Michael Moore's reaction to the Bill's defeat yesterday: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?id=236

5 comments:

Thomas said...

There's nothing wrong with changing your opinion once exposed to new data, PJ.

It's something Dubya never really learned, so you're ahead of the curve.

Stephanie said...

Amen Thomas! PJ, I heart you! I really, really do! :)

Welcome to the dark side! MUUAAAHHHAAAAHAAA! Sorry, that was my bad attempt at an evil laugh!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Thomas. I wouldn't trust Dubya overseeing an ant farm. Well, I'm not a huge fan of ants, but they would face a very precarious situation, particularly if Dubya decides he needs to head back to his ranch in Crawford again. Wait a minute! Actually, Dubya should just stay in Crawford and take Cheney, Rice, and all the other financial and constitutional crooks with him. Come out on Jan. 20, 2009 and wave goodbye. I'll give him that nice one finger wave.

Unknown said...

Stephanie,

Alright. I suck at these acronyms. LOL = Laugh out Loud or Laugh on Line. Also, LMAO = Laugh My ASS Off? You forgot to cue Williams' orchestrated music from "Star Wars." Dah, dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah dah dah. I can't display the rhythmic patterns, but I think you get the mental picture.

After last weekend's poor performances by my Nebraska and friends' Georgia, I'll say in my best Darth Vader impersonation, "My empire is crumbling." No more mention of sports figures or teams on this blog. I'm jinxing all of them.

Thomas and Stephanie,

Keep me in line. Yes, I tend to be irrational from time to time.

Stephanie said...

Don't send G-Dub back to Texas! I don't want him any closer to me than he already is.

I don't use many online acronyms but this is how I use them:

LOL - laughing out loud (I only use this when I am LITERALLY laughing on the outside)

LMAO - laughing my ass off (I only use this when I'm laughing uncontrollably)

OMG - Oh my God

I actually heard the theme song play in my head because I purchased one of those music birthday cards for a friend and it said on the front, "You were born...", and inside it said, " a long, long, long time ago" with the theme playing! :) Nice addition, it would have been better had that been inserted.

As long as you promise to keep me in line! I'm irrational most of the time so it might be a hectic, thankless job!