Friday, October 10, 2008

One of Augusta's Dark Secrets is Revealed

This story was first brought to my attention yesterday by Conservative Cook talk radio host Austin Rhodes. Fort Gordon is our military base here in this area. I had no idea it housed the largest NSA operating center in the world. If you've read my previous posts, I don't have to provide you with examples on why Rhodes condones domestic terrorism and spews bigotry over the airwaves. Here was the laugher yesterday. He stole RNC talking points when saying this is an example of "gotcha journalism." Moving on, he said that ABC's aerial shot of the Fort Gordon campus breached national security and terrorists will now be provoked to attack it. That's just dumb. Where did the terrorists from 9/11 train? That's right. It was on our soil. I also won't get into why we're still not safe i.e. Transportation Security Administration. Rhodes further called one of the whistle blowers, David Murfee Faulk, someone who should be tried and convicted of treason. Treason is defined as posing any imminent threat to government. At no time did Faulk mention anything remote to posing a threat to our government's safety. Here are video clips done by ABC News' interviewer Brian Ross and judge for yourselves:

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=Brian%20Ross%20and%20David%20Murfee%20Faulk&type=

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh PJ, PJ, PJ ... a man after my own heart! I think you really might be 'Mr. Me'. lol ;)

Hope you are well and as Ron Paul has said, "Truth is treason in the empire of lies".

I'm sorry, I was distracted momentarily by my local news saying that the US is preparing to remove North Korea from the 'Terrorist List'. OH MY GOD.

Good gravy ... speaking of, must go to the store as I have dinner to make!

xo.s

Thomas said...

Stephanie, I've not heard that Paul quote before. Very nice!

Thanks for posting this, PJ. Good to see that secrets like this are getting out. There's no such thing as too much governmental transparency in my book.

Have a good weekend, guys!

Unknown said...

Stephanie and Thomas,

Stephanie, it's good to read from you again. I can't say see or hear since well, it's a computer screen. I love that quote by Ron Paul and you know, there are many well-meaning libertarians out there who speak truth to power -- Bill Maher. Although Maher in the past opposed unions, he has come around on that one.

Thomas, I also believe there can never be enough transparency. It's the people's government, not George W. Bush or any powerful entity. They're jobs are to simply serve. I hope the weather is nice where you guys are at, get out, and have a great weekend.