Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scatterbrain McCain rushes to Washington, stays behind for a Katie Couric interview, then he rushes to Washington. David Letterman -- 'Put in your second string quarterback'

How many homes do you own? O.k. I'm sure you could give me a straight answer. When someone who wants to run our country is asked this simple question and responds by telling the reporter to ask his staff, how can you trust this Straight Talkin' from the hip guy? Forget the hip part. He might need that replaced too. Most importantly, McCain demonstrates he can't tackle two tasks at once.

I don't want Congress to just rush to a decision on this one and say, here you go people, now just leave us alone. It's like the economic stimulus package. Here's $300. It should last you a few weeks. Barack Obama understands the complexities of this overwhelming challenge and laid out four main points. Mainly, rescue Americans who lost their homes to foreclosures and as just about everyone agrees, don't use this bill to reward the CEOs who got us in this mess.

There are a few sides to this issue. Were some homeowners in over their heads? Sure. Were some mortgage loan officers deceptive? Absolutely. Most important, was there oversight involved? Nope. This is what happens when you not only have a completely free market system, but one that says big whig executives are responsible and should be trusted. One bumper sticker I had spells this out: "Since when did unquestioning obedience to corporate interests become patriotic?" This is a life lesson. We need to have a fine balance. Sure, companies shouldn't be told how to run their businesses, but they should be punished when their CEOs take the money and run while thousands lose their jobs as a result. That's not democracy; it's totalitarianism. The blame should also be spread to those who demonstrated gross negligence and didn't step in to solve these companies' actions. I don't think Chris Cox, SEC chairman should take all the blame, just like these CEOs. Another question is whether the CEOs knew about their subordinates deceptive practices. A few whistle-blowers have already spoken out on how they duped prospective buyers.

David Letterman was expecting John McCain to appear on his show. One of my favorites filled in, Keith Olbermann. I'm waiting for the McCain camp's press release on how David Letterman can no longer be considered a serious comedian. Surely, I can't be serious you ask. I am and don't call me Shirley. The McCain list so far: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, The New York Times, and Newsweek. I'm sure I've left a few out. Here's Letterman's reaction to McCain's campaign suspension and cancellation from his show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYy4VFyymPg

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Scatterbrain McCain? Never heard that nickname before. Nice!!

I watched Letterman last night and loved every minute.

I agree that if the taxpayers are doing all this bailing out, they should be compensated in some way for it.

CEO's are getting an awfully bad name these days, but they totally deserve it.

Stephanie said...

You shut your face mister! :)

Is Goodys powder like BC Powder? I've taken that before but not in ages. Wonderful for hangovers.

I too, write for an audience of one. Me and I don't care if it is selfish, I'm good in that department! The only reason I started my nonsense a couple of months ago is to sort out my head. It's hard to get other people to understand my madness, if I have yet to fully understand and embrace it myself.

Don't hate the playa', hate the game! ;) I'm giggling right now at my own silliness. I think it's the sleep depravation I'm currently dealing with that is not helping matters! Videos are easy. Just use the embedded link instead of the youtube or other video service link. :) I'm a brilliant problem solver if you didn't know! NOT!

I'm having fun playing with all of the toys on here. My next adventure is the Picasa web albums.

I don't know why when I read, "I hate you so much", I heard the song, "Hurts So Good", playing in my head! I'm odd, this I know.

When you say 'we live around some dirty, filthy people', are you referring to politicians? ;) Yes, I usually laugh at my own stupid jokes too. One can't sue me for that, right? I best not push my luck.

'Don't call me Shirley' is one of my favorite quotes from Airplane! Great flick. "Oh Stewardess, I speak jive". lmao...thank you for the flashback!

Take care, I want to sleep but my brain won't allow it. :(
Stephanie

Stephanie said...

Oh, and P.S. Reality TV is one of my horrible addictions. They sucked me in back when The Real World started, actually, Cops was the first one I watched. I get made fun by my friends and fam because if it's horrible, I'm probably watching it! :) Pinky swear you won't tell! lol...I need zzzzzzzzz....