Monday, September 8, 2008

Can a weekend be any worse

Saturday night was the first time I went to a club in ages. My now ex-girlfriend and I broke up over Labor Day weekend. Let's just call it irreconcilable differences. Yes, like everyone else, we have had our flaws. They just couldn't be accepted. So, I wait for a friend of mine to arrive.

The previous night, I had withdrawn cash from my bank branch's ATM machine. Unbeknownst to me, I left the card in the machine. So, I called and placed a freeze on it. Today, the branch told me their contractor shreds all the cards. So, it will be 7-10 days before it arrives. Cash is the only option and now I have the joy of guessing how much money my gas tank will take to fill up when I prepay (required) at a gas station.

Back to Saturday night. My friend had to loan me a 20. While waiting for him, a woman stormed out of the club followed by two police officers. "You're just acting a little too rowdy to be in here," said one of them. "My husband is in there with another woman. I don't know how else you would take it," she screamed. This set the foreshadowing for the transpiring events.

My friend arrives and we walk in. After downing a few beers, I loosened up. I saw one woman at a table flash a smile at me. She was quite attractive. However, I wanted to wait to approach her after she finished dancing with this balding older dude. She rolled her eyes while dancing with him. I guess she wasn't enjoying it. After they finished, she walked back to the table where her friend was. Good. Time to move in. Just as I'm about to approach the table, my ex walks in with a group of her friends. Pee-Pee block. As she walked by, I acknowledged her by saying, "Hey."

My night was ruined from that point forward. She dragged me on the dance floor. I danced with her, since the last thing I wanted to do was show her up by clinging to another woman. After we finished, she went back to a table with her friends. I had to end the night there. My friend stayed for the last remaining hour and ended up getting a phone number from another woman I also received some smiles from.

If this wasn't bad enough, Rafael Nadal lost to Andy Murray in a hard fought match yesterday. Tom Brady took a nasty hit from a Kansas City Chief player and preliminary reports say he tore his ACL. Well, it appears the Patriots won't be heading back to the promise land now. There's always next weekend.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Ouch.

What's good about all this is that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger (though the stress that accompanies it can lead to a shortened lifespan).

Have a better one.