Friday, September 12, 2008

Tell me what you think of this band and its video

When I first moved to Augusta, I befriended a guy who lived in a neighboring subdivision. He and I became best friends. Before that, he was childhood best friends and continued his friendship with the lead guitarist of the band, Dead Confederate. Well, this former best friend is now a successful lawyer. Nothing like that money and glory. We went to see Walker (lead guitarist) play his accoustic or electric guitar. It seems that's all we did every time we paid him a visit. At the time, he really liked classic rock -- Hendrix and Pink Floyd. He also played some very difficult riffs by Eric Johnson. Like probably most people, I was immersed in the grunge sound at the time.

I only hung out I think once or twice with the lead vocalist, Hardy. One sun-soaked afternoon, we decided to jump off the tressels at Clark's Hill Lake. I'm still afraid of heights to this day. So, I was the puss and jumped from probably no more than 50 feet up. He and my friend Jarrod decided to jump off from the top. All and all it was a fun hike and great adrenaline release.

Recently, they were featured in one of our local publications, one I probably need to do some more freelance work for again. They're scheduled to be on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on Oct. 10. Here's a video from one of their new album's tracks:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38403525&blogID=431899791

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I don't usually like this type of music, PJ, but found the song to be quite good.

Some of my favorite songs by grunge artists are actually the slower ones (Nirvana's "Come As You Are" and Pearl Jam's "Daughter").