Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays

Have a happy and safe holiday season. My tradition is watching A Christmas Story a few times on the Turner Broadcasting Network. It's nice they put it on a loop to give everyone in the studio a chance to spend time with loved ones. Besides, how can I miss the dad's leg lamp, triple dog dare, Randy showing mom her little piggy, and the epic meeting at the mall with Santa Claus?

My dad and I will depart on Friday for Nebraska. I look forward to meeting with family, talking for about 15 minutes, and taking over the T.V. to watch a bowl game. Usually, the conversations go South when talking about a topic that's pretty lame. I'll enjoy the snow, but I miss wandering the pasteur hills as a kid. Now that I'm older, the yearning for watching cows grazing, pigs scuffling at the trough, and petting the horses are no longer twitching my nerves. Some family members are up there in age, so this might be the last time I see them. I hope to write about some interesting events upon my return.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

"Have a happy and safe holiday season."

You too my friend, you too.

"Besides, how can I miss the dad's leg lamp, triple dog dare, Randy showing mom her little piggy, and the epic meeting at the mall with Santa Claus?"

You named off pretty much every single favorite of mine in that movie. I must say, my number one is Randy's little piggy!!!

"I'll enjoy the snow, but I miss wandering the pasteur hills as a kid. Now that I'm older, the yearning for watching cows grazing, pigs scuffling at the trough, and petting the horses are no longer twitching my nerves."

That actually sounds really awesome. I've never had the pleasure of watching cows graze, pigs scuffling at the trough and petting horses. I mean I've done it, but not as a tradition. I hope you surprise yourself and get out there ... it sounds really peaceful.

"Some family members are up there in age, so this might be the last time I see them. I hope to write about some interesting events upon my return."

You're a good man PJ. I hope you return with some interesting stories as well. I myself, plan on keeping my mouth shut, unlike Thanksgiving, and reading, eating and sleeping. Ahhh, the holidays. :)

Merry Christmas mister. Catch up soon. :)

xo.s

Unknown said...

And you're a great woman. The holidays tend to be stressful times for some -- impressions one gives off to others, topics of discussion where view points offend one another, etc. I've never been one for socializing. After about 15 minutes of catching up, I like to withdraw to a T.V. or read a book I brought along.

I hope this will be a better holiday. I'm sure it will. Hopefully, I'll get a pic up with me and one of my fav relatives. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. If you go out on New Years, be safe.