Friday, April 17, 2009

I Dream of Janeane! Well, not exactly

Here are some personality traits I look for in the ideal woman: sarcastic and silly sense of humor, cynical, and down-to-earth. Janeane Garofalo fits these descriptions, but I have a rule of thumb for tattoos. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to explain each tattoo on your body, you've already lost me. I can understand one or two. However, I don't want to be staring at some fire-breathing dragon or goofy Chinese caricatures that you use to try and make yourself appear to be this benevolent, spiritual person. Janeane has too many but to her credit, she's lost that frumpy physical appearance she had for awhile.

I'm not picky when it comes to women. There are two things in life I refuse to share: my remote control and women. I like women who are sinewy and voluptious. Last night, Garofalo assessed the tea baggers much better than I did on yesterday's post with Keith Olbermann. Enjoy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#30255102

O.k. You should've probably known the right wing mouthpieces would respond to this critique. As usual, they play the McCarthy card and dismiss her as an out-of-touch celebrity. Pay close attention to what Garafalo has to say to some more sheep one month before our invasion of Iraq. "We're not racists. I didn't see any signs using race at the rally I attended." The Republican Party's positions on policies pertaining to equal rights have historically been associated with a nihilist.

Garafalo cites a few publications, notably not those major newspapers constantly dubbed as liberal like The New York Times and The Washington Post by right-wingers. The McClatchy Newspaper Washington, D.C. bureau and journalists like Jeremy Scahil and Amy Goodman were also ahead of the curve. Perhaps, more people should view Garafalo as an American and not merely a know-nothing entertainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MjivZU2w4&feature=related

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I love it how many get tattoos to show that they're a non-conformist, but with so many having them now, they've almost become a symbol of conformity.

Have a great weekend, PJ!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I really think it goes beyond art expression. Like everything else, tattoos have become a fad. You begin seeing the same designs for many of these conformists. It's hard to argue that it's individuality.

I will say it's their prerogative and it's sad to see how many businesses discriminate (yes, I believe this term applies) to those who have them. It seems our society still views tattoos as symbols of non-conformity. This is the utmost hypocrisy when these guys who make these rules inevitably have their own problems they bring into the workplace. Personal appearance should be the least of our concerns considering how many people heading our biggest institutions these days act with a reckless disregard for the rules. I'd take the Harvard M.B.A. grad any day who has green hair and tattoos all over who can present a sound business model to General Motors.