Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Christopher Hitchens destroys Ken Blackwell

I'm comfortable debating many people on topics I know, but Christopher Hitchens isn't one of them. I had a few college professors who I felt I was smarter than and still do today. One nut, an English professor, tried to make the nonsensical argument that poetry should have a singular interpretation. I think he took offense to my rebuttal and consequently, my grade was lowered one down from where it should've been ("B"). Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNsWN-QGW8

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Good vid. I've heard a lot about people going through times when they doubt their faith and the existence of God. Thankfully, the last time I experienced that was way back in 1993.

Unknown said...

Honestly, I haven't diligently practiced my faith lately. My meditation and reflections feel like huge weights have been lifted off my shoulders. I think it's time I return to that relationship. There's everything to gain and nothing to lose. Those who doubt my sincerity or that of others don't have the slightest notion what our daily experiences are and leave everything to doubt and cynicism. I admit I'm guilty of both.

Thomas said...

Interesting, I've been working harder at finding time to meditate. I'll lay in bed and of course, they'll be a shitload of thoughts, but I find that if I close my eyes and focus my attention on the third eye while concentrating on my breathing, the thoughts will mercifully dissipate and I'm left with the peace and quiet of the moment. Like I mentioned some time ago, in order to know God, you have to be out of your mind.