Friday, August 22, 2008

I could be wrong on this pick

I luckily won second out of 12 participants in the NCAA tournament pool this year that my best friend had at his work. Thanks to the Memphis Tigers' imploding at the free throw line and a poor decision not to foul a Kansas Jayhawk player at the end of regulation, I made the right pick with Kansas for the Men's NCAA Division I Basketball Championship. The same held true for the Boston Celtics. So, who is going to be Obama's VP pick?

I like Evan Bayh, Democratic Senator from Indiana. He chairs the Senate Finance Committee, and issue #1 in this campaign is the economy. He's the right pick, because he is a centrist. On social issues and his stance on the Iraq War, I disagree with him. He will get hammered for co-chairing with McCain the regime change in Iraq and for his support of the occupation. However, he is soft spoken and like many VPs in the past, won't steal the spotlight away from Obama. As a staunch supporter of Hillary, I'm hoping along with the Clintons, he will bring back the vast majority of those Hillary supporters who are still ticked off after her narrow defeat.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I don't see any problems with Bayh myself. At the moment, Biden is favored to be the chosen one. The suspense is starting to get to me, but in 24 hours, we will know.

Have a good weekend, PJ.

Unknown said...

Right. I think either is a strong pick. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Love Biden and his voracity. He's no-nonsense and will bury all smear attacks on Obama. It's a good pick as well.

Take care and have a great weekend as well, Thomas.