Friday, August 22, 2008

Before I pull an all-nighter watching FearNet, it's time again for Rate Me

Robin (girlfriend) is passed out. The Red Sox won again and Tampa Bay keeps doing the same. This season isn't getting any longer. So, why not piss away some time here.

This is quite simple. I'll provide you with a scant description of a person. Let's keep it with people. Places or things are monotanous, right? After revealing who this is via youtube clip with my computer illiteracy, rate this individual on a scale of 1 to 5.

Known for his on-stage antics that include frequent cigarette breaks and occasionally delving into sex politics, this singer/composer led what many might call a super group of modern rock n' roll musicians. He was the lead singer for a tribute band to the film Backbeat. This group included Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) and Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) to name a few.

Currently, he is beginning to collaborate with Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees). They are touring and have received favorable reviews. After his good friend Ted Demme (movie producer and director who is the nephew of Jonathan) died, his life went into a downward spiral. He fought off a cocaine addiction. And on one final note, he tried out for Judd Nelson's role in the 80s blockbuster film, The Breakfast Club. Who the hell is this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd_HWdsbzkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq9Dq1I1yM4

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I have to say I've never heard of this guy before. Therefore, it probably wouldn't be fair for me to rate him.

I agree with you on Biden being a great pick. I'm gonna watch the rally on MSNBC in a few minutes.