Saturday, July 18, 2009

Changing of the guard

I haven't posted in awhile. This new job I've taken on comes with high pressure, stress, and profound humility. There's never a dull moment for the 8, 9, and occasional, 10 hour work day. Paper work mounts on my new desk. Purchase orders come in like clockwork. Continous contact with our distributors, major accounts, shipping department, and colleagues is daily routine. Now, I leave what was comfortable and controllable.

My good friends and family are at a distance despite daily phone calls on our days during the evenings. The Motel 6 stay (no, I didn't want to place a huge burden on my company's expenditures) now turns to a new apartment. This place is still foreign. I'm confident this will work out with a great boss and hopefully, new friends along the way.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Continuing to wish you all the best on this new endeavor, PJ. Since you're staying at Motel 6, I know there's no doubt that you're leaving a light on. :P

I'm off to see "Bruno" for the 5th time.

Unknown said...

That's the must see movie for me. I've gotta' make an effort to see it this weekend. In your opinion, is it even more hysterical than Borat?

Thomas said...

"Bruno" had more sequences that had me in hysterics than "Borat", but it's pretty close and I wouldn't begrudge anyone who liked "Borat" better.