Saturday, July 4, 2009

Praise our country's blessings and continue fighting for progress

Watching Saving Private Ryan several years ago, tears streamed down my face. American troops stormed the beaches of Normandy and confronted fierce resistance. Many didn't return home, and my grandfather was carried to a camp by one of his fellow soldiers after a piece of shrapnel sliced through his leg. Precious minutes determined his fate.

My grandfather returned to a camp with an article of his clothing used to apply pressure to the open wound. He began praying, and he saw a priest walking by the camp. He asked the priest to read him his Last Rites, but the priest coldly responded, "I'm sorry. I only have time for the living."
Read more at examiner.com under Religion & Spirituality.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I read the full article of this at examiner.com. Good stuff, keep it up and sorry to hear about the tennis incident.

Unknown said...

Thanks Thomas. This new job I've taken on is overwhelming. Like anything in life, I'm confident with repitition it'll work out. Great crew here as well. Hope everything is going well and need to check up on your articles you've posted as well. Don't have access to a computer, since I'm staying in a motel before settling into an apartment here. I'll be back in Augusta this weekend and hope to see what's been going on with you. On lunch hour now. Take care.