Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Harold and Kumar kick ass

I ended up watching Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay last night, thinking this film would be like many of the other stupid spoof movies i.e. Scary Movie. It wasn't. Harold and Kumar presented themselves as a hybrid of geeks and Beavis and Butthead. I loved how the film played on stereotypes and here are two brief examples, so I don't ruin it.

On their journey, they met Neil Patrick Harris, the actor who played the squeaky, geeky prodigy, Doogie Howser M.D. They're relieved to see him, knowing he will drive them to where they need to go. However, Neil began taking copius amounts of shrooms and began hallucinating through the drive. Although they were shocked by Neil's drug use, their conversations with him on relationships taps into their commonalities. A few great lines Neil uses: "I'm ready to get my fuck on." "I'm ready to rock out with my cock out."

The second meeting is with our former Prez., W. He takes them inside his recreation room where there are cutouts from magazines of naked women hanging on the wall. There's a joint Kumar sees in an ashtray. He asks him why he's hypocritical for smoking it while making it illegal for everyone else. He proceeds to ask Kumar the following: "Let me ask you something Kumar. Do you like giving hand jobs?" "No." "Do you like getting hand jobs?" "Yeah," Kumar responds with a wide-eyed grin. "O.k. Well, that makes you a hypocriticizer." Great Bushism and his grammatically incorrect use of the English language is timeless.

This was one of the best comedic films I've seen in awhile. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I saw the film theatrically and enjoyed it as well. I liked it when Bush called them "terrorizers". To this day, I send texts to my friends saying, "You ready to rock out with your cock out?"

Dämmerung Anblick said...

Did you see the first one?