Monday, March 23, 2009

Comparing my brackets to the Prez.

It's very cool to see how down-to-earth President Barack Obama is. Yes, I've been a harsh critic over his decision to support school vouchers, since a relative is strongly involved with spearheading her state's teacher's union. I understand both sides of the argument. Unions can and have impeded progress in some areas. However, they're necessary and needed, particularly in the South where they don't exist. First, public schools are more prone for kids to embrace diversity. Second, private schools have proven to be too insular and those who have outstanding academic success end up flunking out in college because their social skills are limited to those like them. Finally, unions are safety nets for teachers who confront rogue administrators who wish to rid good teachers for frivalous reasons. That said, I'm grateful Barack has tirelessly worked to help rebuild and restore our country. Even his critics can agree that he is hard at work.

I'm competing against my best friend and 40 other employees at my company in an office pool. My friend and I agreed whomever loses will buy new cases of tennis balls for the rest of the year (inexpensive). I threw in a mere $5 on our office pool. This hasn't been my best year, and I'm jealous my friend has been nearly flawless through the first two rounds of the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship. Barack has also done very well thus far. For a little fun, I thought I'd give you a comparison of how I've fared compared to our Prez.:

Here's mine:

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=2334133

President Obama's:

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=2813746

Alright. You can laugh at my picks and yes, I had a terrible start last year as well. However, my Final Four teams are still in play. I highly doubt many have taken Gonzaga to get to where I've got them going. It's risky, but they've played lights out since their loss to Memphis. They're very well balanced, have great perimeter shooters, and a few guys down low who are capable shut down defenders. If I lose, let's take it out on the basketball court. (my perfect redneck voice impersonation) Come out, come out, wherever you are. I think this was from Deliverance, but everyone I ask isn't sure.

No comments: