Sunday, May 18, 2008

McCain-O'Reilly in '08 -- The Ultimate Reality Show

Whether it's John McCain getting pissy with reporters, physically confronting his staff, or Bill O'Reilly's temper tantrums with guests who point out his shortcomings, this is the ultimate campaign for the Republicans. Thousands bet on horse racing, why not a campaign? Yes, these are both sadistic spectacles, but this might engage Americans in a positive way. Many still love watching American Idol to see when Simon will completely belittle a contestant. So, the same concept can be applied for this show. We can see who will have a meltdown first. Place your bets now.

The campaign will also feature private donations from folks just like you. Hey, it's worked well for McCain to this point -- flying his wife's corporate jet to campaign events. There's also a mystery element to the show. Contestants can be with McCain and O'Reilly in person. The one who unravels the most lies and deceptions within one week on the campaign trail will win a grand prize -- guest host anchor on Fox Noise.

Rachel Maddow, MSNBC contributor and host on Air America, filled in for Keith Olbermann Friday night. Robin (girlfriend) has a woman crush on her. Well, I guess I shouldn't go that far, but she finds Maddow attractive. "Ooh. She had her eyebrows done," she gawked with a twinkle in her eyes. Mmmhmm. I just can't compete with a woman. Ditto for Madonna. She knows more about Madonna than I think Madonna knows about herself. I did take Robin to see her in concert at the Fleet Center in Boston, and I was the tallest person in the first three rows. So, Madonna could see from a monitor that I obviously wasn't a big fan who danced to her music and sung along to the lyrics. At one point, she had on a denim jacket. She ripped it open and initially, I was hoping there was nothing underneathe. Damn it. She was wearing a tank-top T. One of her dancers (Nikki, Robin told me) pointed at me and laughed after my mouth was still wide open.

Back to Maddow. This was only the second time in about a month I was able to watch Olbermann's show. She showed this following clip of Bill O'Reilly's meltdown when he was an anchor on Inside Edition. It's a spoof of who and what the producer might've been telling Bill O. Enjoy.

http://www.barelypolitical.com/

No comments: