Saturday, September 11, 2010

Allow fate to be the guide

As the horrifying images of Sept. 11, 2001 are shown on my T.V. screen at this moment, we question why. Why would a just God allow for so many to perish? If we are all created in his image, why do some seemingly only have one purpose -- to harm others? I was so proud to see how so many of us united in the days and weeks following these senseless attacks. This proved to me why all along I continually feel we share more commonalities than differences.

Of course, we have many today who share different perspectives. They're angered why a husband, wife, brother, sister, and someone who provided so much love could be taken away in a matter of moments. The love for lost loved ones is never forgotten on the day they left us. I choose to remember all the times of laughter, learning from experiences this person shared with me, and ultimately, what I learned from this person. This act buries all the fear that can lead to hate.

Selfish gain is never fondly remembered quite as much, is it? Try to memorialize a man or woman who spent his or her remaining days deceving and hurting others for personal gain. Ultimately, we are all here to love and help those around us. This is what has been written in every major religious text. The prophets who were all sons of Abraham to those who spent their lifetimes sacrificing their safety to fight for those who don't have a voice are remembered the most. In these uncertain times where people choose to spread hate to others they deem are different, let's not forget why we are here to live.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful post
wish everybody wud start thinking like you....
9/11.....never forgotten....but some people are using it as an excuse to hate others blindly......we have too much of that in the world already eh.....
a quote from the book I'm reading now....many times more innocent people have been killed in the invasion of Iraq than were on 9/11. Our civilians' lives shouldn't be viewed as being worth more than theirs ~ thomas dixon
thanx buddy

Unknown said...

Oooh. Thomas Dixon. That name sounds familiar and yes, the number of individuals in Iraq is substantially higher. The price Iraq paid is more than 100,000 Iraqis killed and more than 4 million displaced during this senseless invasion. I'll have to check this book out once I finish Paulo Coelho's "The Witch of Portabello."

Unknown said...

hahaha....yep! that's our tom...:)
paolo is so friggin talenetd eh...that book is awesome! however, the alchemist is my personal favourite......:)

Unknown said...

The Alchemist is my all-time favorite. My new girlfriend just read it and also found the universal connection of traveling on a road to self-discovery.

Unknown said...

we have so much in common eh....I'm glad I found your blog through dammerung.....thanx to him.....:)
howeva, fay's noticed you never visit her blog! is it amour propre pj? I find it so shallow, so superficial...it just ain't you....or maybe you think my blog ain't worth reading eh?
well really would luv to see you on my blog once in a while despite your bz life style pj....:)
thanx buddy

Unknown said...

Eh, no shallow intentions here. Whenever I click on your name, it takes me to your blog with nowhere to open up any of your entries. What is your official address where you post? All it has is an e-mail link on your info./profile page.

Unknown said...

hey hey...I didn't say that....com'n pj...just don't like arrogant people...
anyway here's the url:
http://dejadefast.blogspot.com/

Thomas said...

Great to see you back, PJ! Thomas Dixon can be a bit out-there at times, but once in a great while, probably by accident, he uncovers a greater truth.

Unknown said...

It's great to see you again too, Thomas. I've been in a huge funk trying to get back on the employment block and the spark for writing flickers rarely these days. I'll be rooting for Favre and the Vikings to get back on track today. Also, congrats to the Twins. I hope they get over the hump this year.

Thomas said...

Sorry to hear about your employment problems, PJ. Many say that looking for a job is a full-time job, so I don't blame you in not being able to find time to write.

Thanks for the well-wishes in regards to Minnesota's sports teams. Having postseason baseball games in Minnesota now that they're outdoors will be interesting.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with Thomas Dixon. This is what I plan to tell him: Your proctologist called. He said he found your head.

Unknown said...

Thomas,

Ha, ha. I've missed too many proctologist appointments lately. My head isn't where it should be at times.

Let's keep the Dems in office. I'm not satisfied with everything that's gone on, but we don't need the wacky Michelle Bachmans of the world overseeing an ant farm, let alone making policy decisions. If you're not in her district, get everyone you know to cast the vote for Clark. We can't allow their recent distractions and radical proposals like cutting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and repealing the recent health care bill to come anywhere near Congress. Most importantly, they're willingness to extend the Bush tax cuts are projected to lose more than a million jobs in the next upcoming years. It's great to see a bold progressive from your great state, Ed Schultz, taking the fight to Washington in October to stand up for everyday Americans.

Good win for Favre and the Vikings. Just watch and see everything unfold. They'll contend again this year.