Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baracky is still getting back up

Friday night I watched MSNBC and Barack Obama field some difficult questions from House Republicans. It was 140 vs. 1, and he tackled every one of them with eloquence. Chris Matthews made a great point when he said, As crazy as our American process can be, we elected the best person for the job. He was right.

Some questions were simply filled with false accusations. Take our dopey Georgia congressman, Tom Price. Price said Republicans had an alternative bill for health care reform that wouldn't cost the taxpayers a dime. Obama called him out on it saying, "Tom you know that's just not true." Others were riddled with hard numbers, thinking Obama would be stumped. Nope.

Another question was framed, accusing Obama for tripling the national debt. He quickly refuted this accusation and said he inherited $1.3 trillion and $8 trillion more in defense that wasn't paid for under the previous administration's watch. He made it clear this was before he was sworn in. If you fact check this, you'll find this to be true.

I've found Obama to be very frugal with spending. The only substantial bill was the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act. Quite frankly, I criticized this one for being too small. It barely scratched the surface on investing in alternative energy and new energy grids. Conservative and Liberal economists rightfully came to this conclusion. Although only about one-third of this money has been spent, a good portion of it is going to road projects. It's great for the short-term but doesn't seem to lead to long-term employment.

Overall, I'd like Obama to continue confronting these adversaries. They clearly spoke and seem perfectly content on obstructing everything. We're the only Democray in the western world requiring a super majority. This needs to change. If votes came down to a simple majority in the Senate, a lot more could be done by now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i never understand politics, let alone us politics......flipping through the channel got obama on friday, got last 30 mins of the show......he was very honest....very encouraging....as msnbc sed it’s like going into the lion’s den.......lol, yet he seemed pretty gutsy and assertive.......
an powerful orator as well......isn't he?
thanx pj........:)

Unknown said...

Someone once said "politics is the art of confusion." I think it's about cutting through all the obfusications and rhetoric to find the truth. This is where someone like Barack can break it down to a level I can understand. I'm just another average guy from the outside who is curious and knows enough to engage in an intelligent argument from time to time.

I'd like to read what you have to say. I went on your blog, but I didn't see where you have a link to get on your site. This is a good place for me to practice writing and share my uninhibited thoughts on what I observe. I know you'll attract one person and to me, that's always enough. I've come to the point where I don't care what others think as long as I enjoy what I'm doing.

Unknown said...

yup well sed pj.......same here......i did like the way he responded to all the questions an accusations, so intelligently.......:)
as for my blog wont find anything interesting there, it's all about my friggin life......lol
anyway........do visit, it'll be a pleasure pj.........:)